There are a couple of different ways your previous insurer might have given you proof of your no claims discount (NCD). The most common document that will show your proof of no claims discount is your renewal invite or cancellation letter. (Your previous insurer may have posted or emailed it to you.) If you don’t have this, then please ask your previous insurer to send you proof of no claims discount.
Check that your proof of no claims discount:
- is from a policy that expired within the last 24 months
- isn’t already in use on another car insurance policy
- been issued by a UK or EU insurer (or an insurer from a country the DVLA includes in their license exchange scheme)
- shows your name as the policyholder and is earned by you
- shows the number of years no claims discount you are entitled to
- shows discount earned on a private car and not a company car, motorcycle or van
- shows your car registration number
- shows your postcode
- shows your previous insurer's name
- is in English language.
If you’re not sure what type of document you need to upload or the information it needs to show, please click here to view< sample documents.
Help us improve our customer service
Was this article helpful?
% of the