The question

Do I need to select 'business use'?

The answer

If you use your car for business, yes. Business use covers you and your spouse or partner when you're using the car for business. These are the only people we can cover under business use. However, the certificate will always exclude the following uses:

  • Use for hiring, e.g. Couriers, pizza delivery, taxi drivers.
  • Use for any purpose in connection with the Motor Trade, e.g. agricultural vehicle sales, service and repair, tyre and exhaust fitters, vehicle body repairs and paint spraying.
  • Use in any competition, trial, performance test, race or trial of speed, including off-road events, whether between motor vehicles or otherwise and irrespective of whether this takes place on any circuit or track, formed otherwise, and regardless of any statutory authorization of any such event.

Help us improve our customer service

Was this article helpful? Yes or No

51 of the visitors liked it

Leave comments

Email us

We're available 24/7 by email and will aim to get back to you with an answer within one working day.

My account

Save time and money by managing your policy online

  • View policy documents
  • Upload proof of NCD
  • Make changes for free
  • Upgrade cover
  • Access 24/7 claims number

Policy documents

View our policy documents for more detail about what we cover.


Car insurance policy

Policy Summary

Breakdown cover


Home insurance policy

Policy Summary