These are our terms and conditions for using our site and services - and by accessing the site you're accepting them. You can always see the latest version by coming back to this page.
Our site is only for UK residents, and it meets the appropriate UK laws and regulations.
If you're not in the UK, we may not be able to offer you our services.
Quotemehappy.com is a registered trademark of Aviva. We may also claim rights in other trademarks, service marks, logos and icons contained on this site. All rights are expressly reserved.
Quotemehappy.com operate an online only business and, subject to any legal or regulatory requirements, we shall communicate with you by e-mail, SMS text or other electronic means in connection with your policy and associated documentation (including but not limited to policy documentation, consumer credit documentation, claims handling documentation and complaints).
No postal correspondence will be entered into at the outset of the Direct Debit sign up process if the option to pay for your insurance by monthly Direct Debit is selected. Customers not wishing to sign up to Direct Debit online will therefore not be able to purchase Quotemehappy.com insurance on a monthly payment plan.
We own all copyright, design right, database rights and all other intellectual property rights in the content of this site, unless we state otherwise.
You can access and use this site for personal, non-commercial use only. You may not access or use this site for any commercial purposes or otherwise exploit, extract, publish, distribute, or reproduce any part of it for any commercial purpose.
We will take very seriously any access to or interference with this site with intent to deny, corrupt, damage, or otherwise interfere with the site's service, or for other commercial purposes. We'll monitor any such use, and will take whatever action necessary to protect this site from such activities. By using this site, you agree that damages may not be an adequate remedy for any breach of the above access terms or infringement of any of our rights by you, and you accordingly agree that we are entitled to any and all of the following remedies: injunction, specific performance and orders to deliver up infringing copies or materials and any other legal or equitable relief for any threatened or actual breach and/or infringement. You also agree that we don't need any proof of special damages to obtain any such remedies.
While we take all reasonable steps to make sure that the information on these pages is accurate and up-to-date, we nonetheless supply it on an 'as is' basis. Accordingly, we don't accept any liability for any errors or omissions.
If you're in any doubt about the validity of information on these pages, please check by contacting us.
While we take all reasonable steps to ensure this website is always accessible, we won't be held liable if, for any reason, it's unavailable. We may have to suspend access to the website for routine or emergency updates and maintenance, but we'll try to keep any disruption to a minimum.
Also, we can't warrant that the website is free of viruses or defects of any description, and we won't be held responsible for any technical problems you may suffer as a result of using this website.
This website may also contain hypertext links to websites operated by third parties. The responsibility for the operation and content of these websites rests solely with the organisation identified as controlling the website, and will be governed by their own terms and conditions. We provide links for convenience, and including a link doesn't imply endorsement in any way of the site it links to. We don't accept any responsibility or liability for the contents of any linked website.
Aviva Insurance Limited will not be liable for any loss of use, profits, savings or data or any indirect, special or consequential damages or losses, whether such losses arise in contract, negligence or tort, including without limitation to the foregoing any losses in relation to your use of, reliance upon or inability to use the website.
We reserve the right to update these terms from time to time without giving you notice. You can always see the latest version by revisiting this page.
There is a choice of law for this insurance but, unless we agree otherwise, the law for that part of the UK where you live at the start date of your policy will apply.
Wherever the name "Aviva" is used within these pages, this refers to one or more of the trading companies of Aviva that operate in the United Kingdom and who may or may not offer insurance and financial products or services on this site.
The information that we collect via this website may include:
1. Any personal details that you type in and submit such as your name, address, e-mail address, date of birth, lifestyle and other information.
2. Data that allows us to remember you, any interests that you have recorded and how you use this website. This saves you from re-keying information when you return to the site and allows us to arrange our website content to match your preferred interests.
We use "cookies" to collect this data. Cookies are text-only strings of information that are stored on your web browser or hard disk. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings of your web browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive facilities of our site if cookies are disabled.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites or sometimes by emails. They provide useful information to companies, which helps in all sorts of ways. For you, it means you can use the site more efficiently and save time by not having to re-enter your details each time you visit. They also make sure you receive the most relevant information from Aviva. For us, cookies help us to analyse how our customers interact with our sites so we can make improvements. At Quotemehappy.com, we use three types of cookies on our websites.
Some of these cookies are essential and some are optional.
Certain cookies are necessary in order for you to use our website. These are used ‘in-session’ each time you visit and then expire when you leave our site. They’re not stored on your computer and they don’t contain any personal data. You can delete them via your browser if you wish to, but this will restrict the functions that you’re able to carry out on our site. For more information about how to disable cookies in your browser, please visit the About cookies website
Here’s a list of essential cookies and how we use them:
These enable you to carry out some essential functions on our sites, such as maintaining log in details for the session or a transaction. They also help by minimising the need to transfer information across the internet. They are not stored on your computer and they expire when you terminate your browser session.
These enable us to recognise repeat visitors to the site. By matching an anonymous, randomly generated identifier, we’re able to record specific browsing information such as how you arrive at the site, the pages you view, options you select, and the path you take through the site. By monitoring this information we’re able to make improvements to our sites.
We use Omniture's software to analyse page use, page interactions and the routes our customers take through our sites. These are known as 'web metrics'. We don’t record any personal information you provide during an on-site purchase or any other process.
Some cookies are optional
These cookies are usually supplied by our business partners and help us to filter out irrelevant messages or pop-ups and to make sure that we only send you information that’s interesting and relevant to you. Here’s a list of optional cookies and how they’re used:
Survey control cookies
These are provided by our business partners such as ServiceTick to enable us to send surveys about our sites to customers. Accepting this cookie means that you won’t be asked to complete the survey if you’ve already done so or declined previously.
Provided by our online advertising supplier, these cookies are used to serve our internet advertisements on other sites. Some of our web pages may contain electronic images that help us see how users interact on these pages. They may also provide DoubleClick with information about the interaction.
These cookies help us tailor the advertisements you see on third party sites by understanding what interests you on our sites, such as the pages you view. We don’t combine this information with other personal information you provide us with.
Provided by our bookmarking supplier, these cookies enable you to easily bookmark selected pages.
You can accept or block cookies
You can block any cookies from any website through your browser settings. For more information about how to disable cookies in your browser please visit the About cookies website
These cookies make it quicker and easier for you to access sites on subsequent visits that use Flash technology. Deleting them means you may have to re-enter information each time you visit the same site. But just like any cookie, you can delete Flash cookies by going to the Settings Manager for your Adobe Flash Player. You will be taken to the Adobe website, which lists the websites with the cookies in your browser. Just click Delete opposite the relevant website.
Find out more
You’ll find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org, which gives details on how to delete cookies from your computer. For information on how to do this on your mobile phone browser, please see your handset manual.
3. Your IP address (this is your computer's individual identification number for internet connection) that is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
4. Your preferences and use of e-mail updates that are recorded by e-mails we send you (only if you have selected to receive e-mail updates on products and offers).
Your information may be used for the purposes of insurance administration by the insurer, its associated companies and agents, by reinsurers and your intermediary. It may be disclosed to regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing the insurer's compliance with any regulatory rules/codes.
To ensure we have the necessary facts, provide you with our best payment options and protect you from fraud, we'll use a variety of sources, including a credit check which will appear on your credit report if we provide you with a quote. This information will be used to assess your insurance risk and provide you with our best premium.
Your information may also be used for offering renewal, research and statistical purposes and crime prevention. It may be transferred to any country, including countries outside the European Economic Area for any of these purposes and for systems administration. Where this happens, we will ensure that any one to whom we pass your information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as if we were dealing with it.
The data you provide will be used by us and shared with other insurers as well as certain statutory and other authorised bodies for insurance pricing and underwriting purposes, management information purposes, anti-fraud purposes and compliance with legal obligations and responsibilities. You can ask for more information about this, if you required such information, please contact email@example.com. Please note that if you give us false or inaccurate information it may invalidate your insurance policy / prospective insurance policy or could affect the amount we pay to settle any claims you make under the policy.
If you give us information about another person, in doing so you confirm that they have given you permission to provide it to us to be able to process their personal data (including any sensitive personal data) and also that you have told them who we are and what we will use their data for, as set out in this notice.
In the case of personal data, with limited exceptions, and on payment of the appropriate fee, you have the right to access and if necessary rectify information held about you.
Quotemehappy.com, its agents and carefully selected 3rd parties may use your information to keep you informed by post, telephone, e-mail, text messaging or other electronic means, about insurance and financial products and services which may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed and used for these purposes after you policy has lapsed. By providing us with your contact details, you consent to being contacted for these purposes. At that time, we will provide you with a means of opting-out and in addition, you can contact us at any time to have your details removed from lists used by us for directing marketing purposes.
You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by e-mail or by writing to the Customer Services contact that is listed in the Aviva website where you negotiated or concluded the sale of your particular insurance or financial product or service.
You also have the right to request a copy of all the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address enclosing a cheque for £10.00 payable to Aviva to cover our administrative costs in dealing with your request:-
The Data Protection Team
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identify before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
You should also be aware that communications over the internet, such as e-mails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered - this is the nature of the internet. Aviva cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
1. By clicking the icon marked "Yes" and "Accept" when prompted and thereby agreeing to use this Claims App (defined at paragraph 5 below), before the point at which You input and submit to Aviva Your own and any third parties personal information, You agree to:
2. Wherever the name "Aviva", "Aviva App Provider", "Our", "We" or "Us" is used within these pages, this refers to one or more of the trading companies of Aviva that operate in the United Kingdom and who may or may not offer insurance and financial products or services on or in relation to this Claims App.
3. This end user licence agreement ("Claims App Licence") is concluded between the end user ("You" / "Your" / "Yourself") and the licensor application provider (the "Aviva App Provider" / "Aviva" / "Our" / "We" / "Us").
4. We have a licence from Apple Inc. ("Apple"), which gives Us the right to grant You a licence on the terms set out in those terms. We hereby grant You a Claims App Licence on these terms ("Aviva Terms") to use the Claims App (as defined at paragraph 5. below).
5. We retain all rights that We do not expressly give You in these Aviva Terms. The claims submission portal product that is subject to these Aviva Terms is referred to in these Aviva Terms as the "Claims App". The insurer (which is Aviva) providing insurance claims handling services through the Claims App is referred to as the "Insurer".
6. This Claims App Licence granted to You for the Claims App by Us is limited to You alone and as such is a non-transferable licence to use the Claims App on any iPhone or iPod Touch that You own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms and Conditions (the "Usage Rules").
7. This Claims App Licence does not allow You to use the Claims App on any iPod Touch or iPhone that you do not own or control, and You may not distribute or make the Claims App available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time.
8. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Claims App. You may not copy (except as expressly permitted by this Claims App Licence and the Usage Rules) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Claims App, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open sourced components included with the Claims App) ("Prohibited Acts").
9. You agree and acknowledge that any attempt to do any one or more of the Prohibited Acts is a violation of the rights of Aviva and its licensors. If You breach this restriction You may be subject to prosecution and a claim for damages. The terms of the Claims App Licence will govern any upgrades provided by Aviva that replace and/or supplement the original Claims App, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate licence in which case the terms of that licence will govern.
12. The Claims App Licence is effective until terminated by You or Us. Your rights under this Claims App Licence will terminate automatically without notice from Us if You fail to comply with any term(s) of this Claims App Licence. Upon termination of the Claims App Licence, You shall cease all use of the Claims App, and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the Claims App.
13. The Claims App will enable access to the Aviva Insurer's and Aviva Group Companies' Claims App services and from time to time web sites (collectively and individually, "Services"). Use of the Services may require internet access, in which case You acknowledge that additional items of service may apply.
14. Certain Services may display, include or make available content, data, information, applications or materials from third parties ("Third Party Materials").
15. By using the Services You acknowledge and agree that:
16. We, nor any of Our content providers, guarantees the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability or timeliness of stock information or location data displayed by any Services.
17. You acknowledge that any Services and Third Party Materials may contain proprietary content, information and material that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright, and agree that You will not use (including but not limited to use for any commercial purposes) copy, re-use or tore such proprietary content, information or materials in any way whatsoever except for permitted use of the Services. No portion of the Services or Third Party Materials may be reproduced in any form or by any means. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Services or Third Party Materials, in any matter and You shall not exploit the Services or Third Party Materials in any unauthorised way.
18. Services and Third Party Materials that may be accessed from, displayed on or linked to the iPhone or iPod Touch are not available in all countries. We and Our licensor, Apple, reserve the right to change, suspend, remove or disable access to any Services or Third Party Materials at any time without notice. In no event will We be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to such Service or Third Party Materials. We may also impose limits on the use of or access to certain Services or Third Party Materials, in any case and without notice or liability.
19. To the extent permitted by law, We shall not be liable for any indirect damage arising out of or in relation to Your use or inability to use the Claims App, however caused, including but not limited to Your failure to submit to Us or any Aviva Group Companies true and accurate personal information, whether relating to You or any other party on whose behalf You submit such personal information to Us. In no event shall Our total liability to You for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law) exceed the greater of the one off, access price that You pay to Us to access this Claims App or the one off sum of fifty pounds sterling (£50.00).
20. The laws of England and Wales govern these Aviva Terms and Your Claims App Licence and Your use of the Claims App and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
21. If You wish to make a complaint about the Claims App, You can contact the Customer Service Team by writing to Quote me happy, 33/35 Hoxton Square, London, N1 6NN, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 0844 8913 505.
22. You acknowledge that Apple:
Who we are
Wherever the name "Aviva" is used within these pages, this refers to one or more of the trading companies of Aviva ("Aviva Group Companies") that operate in the United Kingdom and who may or may not offer insurance and financial Claims Processing services on this
What information we collect and how
The information that we collect via Your iPod Touch or iPhone may include:-
1. Any personal details that you type in and submit such as Your (or third parties, including but not limited to any witness on whose behalf You submit personal details to Us) name, address, e-mail address, date of birth, voice recording, telephone number, image and other information.
2. Data that allows Us to remember You, any interests that You have recorded and how You use the Claims App. This saves You from re-inputting information when You return to the Claims App and allows Us to arrange our Claims App content to match Your preferred interests.
3. Your IP address (this is Your iPod Touch or iPhone's individual identification number for internet connection) that is automatically logged by Our web server. This is used to note Your interest in Our Claims App.
4. Your preferences and use of e-mail that are recorded by e-mails We send You or other electronic updates direct to your iPod Touch or iPhone (only if you have selected to receive such e-mail or other electronic updates on products and offers).
What we do with your information
Your information may be used for the purposes of Claims Processing and related administration by Aviva and Aviva Group Companies and agents. It may be disclosed to regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing the insurer's compliance with any regulatory rules/codes.
Your information may be transferred to any country, including countries outside the European Economic Area for any of these purposes and for systems administration. Where this happens, We will ensure that anyone to whom We pass Your information agrees to treat Your information with the same level of protection as if We were dealing with it.
If You give Us information about another person, in doing so You confirm that they have given You permission to provide it to Us to be able to process their personal data (including any sensitive personal data) and also that You have told them who We are and what We will use their data for, as set out in this notice.
In the case of personal data, with limited exceptions, and on payment of the appropriate fee, you have the right to access and if necessary rectify information held about you.
You agree that We may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to technical information about Your iPod Touch or iPhone, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, Claims App support and other services to You (if any) related to the Claims App.
We may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify You, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to You. We may share this information with Aviva Group Companies for Claims Processing and specifically We share Your personal information with Our call centres within the Aviva Group Companies for the purpose of providing Claims Processing services to You and enabling Our Aviva Group Companies call centres to contact You for this purpose and to discuss Your claim and the information that You submitted to Us as part of the Claims Processing procedure.
Any information that personally identifies You is collected by Us as data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will not use Your information to send marketing to You, unless We inform You first and obtain Your prior consent to do so to the extent required by law.
You can ask us to update or remove Your personal information by contacting the Claims Services Team by writing to Quote Me Happy, 33/35 Hoxton Square, London, N1 6NN, email: email@example.com, telephone: 0844 8913 505.
You also have the right to request a copy of all the personal information We hold about You. To do this, simply write to Us at the following address enclosing a cheque for £10.00 payable to Aviva Insurance Limited to cover our administrative costs in dealing with your request:-
The Data Protection Team
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm Your identity before providing You with details of any personal information We may hold about You.
Prior to sharing Your personal information with Our call centres within the Aviva Group Companies for the purpose of providing Claims Processing services to You and enabling Our Aviva Group Companies call centres to contact You for this purpose, We encrypt the file, where Your information is saved onto our secure database(s).
You should also be aware that communications over the internet, such as e-mails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted.
You should note that the information that You submit to Us for the above Claims Processing related purposes is also stored on Your iPod Touch or iPhone in unencrypted form and You agree that the onus is on You to password protect access to Your iPod Touch or iPhone to ensure that Your information stored on Your iPod Touch or iPhone remains secure. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered - this is the nature of the internet.
Aviva cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond Our control, including access or loss caused by You failing to password protect access to Your iPod Touch or iPhone.